Saturday, May 18, 2013

May Margarita

May Margarita
 I love fresh margaritas and I have several versions I like to make. This particular version was inspired from a restaurant that my husband and I went to in Seattle a few years ago, Elliots.
 I am sending this version out into cocktail land for making a pitcher with friends this weekend.

There are a few key elements to a really good Margarita...

1.   Really good Tequila (Put the Jose Cuervo down) It does not have to be Patron--someone gave this to us as a gift--Just make sure it is 100% Agave. I like Silver (Blanco) in this recipe

2. FRESH JUICE !!! If you don't have fresh juice, drink a beer or make another drink.

3. Simple Syrup (2 cups water, 2 cups sugar, heat until sugar dissolves, cool, refrigerate, done)

Pitcher of May Margaritas
In a Pitcher mix:

1 1/2 cups Tequila
1 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1 1/2 cup simple syrup (for a tart drink) 1 3/4  cup (sweeter)

stir, pour in salted-rimmed glasses, rocks, lime garnish

Drink with Chips & Salsa!


My Version of Vergie's Cuisinart HOT Salsa
blend 1 shallot or a bunch of green onions, 4 garlic cloves, juice of a lime, salt, cracker black pepper & 2 Jalapenos (I also add 2 Serranos because Jalapenos add flavor and the Serrano peppers up the heat. I  keep all seeds in) Zip all ingredients until finely chopped

add large container cherry tomatoes and fresh cilantro, pulse until desired consistency

blend, taste, make adjustments according to your taste, enjoy!

Oh, The other key to a really good margarita is having your husband squeeze all of the juice for you.
CHEERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pinterest